A one-day mandatory course to support the application and issue of the Scaffolding Labourer card
There is a requirement to complete the CISRS Operatives Training Scheme (COTS) and hold a CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Scaffolding Labourer Card for a minimum of six months prior to attending the Part 1 training
PLEASE NOTE: Operatives wishing to apply for the New Entrant Trainee/Scaffolding Labourer card must also pass a CITB – Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment Test (or possess a recognised exemption). This must be passed before the course or you will not be issued a card.
See Full Course Description for more information
From 1st February 2018 we will be applying for all cards for COTS courses, the course price includes the card fee.
To book please contact 01480 435544
Full Course description
This course covers:
- Relevant Regulations and Codes of Practice
- General Responsibilities
- Basic Scaffold Terminology (Components & Application)
- Servicing of Equipment, Tube, Fittings etc.
- Boards & Stock – Quality Control
- Health, Welfare, Hygiene & Housekeeping
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Prevention & Control
- Noise & Vibration
- Work at Height
- Accident Prevention & Reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Site Transport Safety (Including Loading & Unloading)
- Equipment & Tools
- Manual Handling (Including a practical element)
- Lifting Equipment Using a Rope & Wheel
A written test will be taken by the delegates at the conclusion of the course to confirm competency.
Full Course Fee per delegate £150 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.