This 2-day programme explores the range of skills required to develop yourself and those in your team. It covers three vital leadership modules of Managing Time & Resources, Coaching & Mentoring your Staff and carrying out Appraisal & Performance Development Reviews.
This course is one of our Management Development Courses and can be taken on its own or alongside the other courses in this programme:
All of the courses can be also used to gain the Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
Click on the Full Course Description below for more information
Full Course description
This 2-day programme extends the range of skills required to develop yourself and others. Practical and informative, it covers 3 vital leadership modules.
Are there never enough hours in the day? Are you constantly interrupted? Learn how to make time work for you.
- Recognise your current time management style
- Identify your goals and objectives
- Prioritise your tasks – what’s urgent and / or important?
- Choose from a range of planning techniques to help you plan your day / week – find one that works for you
- Manage interruptions – be ruthless with time and gracious with people
- Do your own job, not someone else’s
- Recognise your own time bandits – where do you lose time?
- Organise your diary, emails, desk and PC
- Manage your energy as well your time
- Helping your staff manage their time
- Get and stay organised
Coach and Mentor your staff
Coaching helps increase performance. Develop essential coaching techniques to motivate, question, set goals and achieve change.
- Develop effective questioning skills
- Enable staff to set and achieve goals
- Motivate others to achieve change
- Use coaching techniques and skills including active listening, empathy, summarising, WIIFM and questioning
- Build self-awareness
- Enable others to take responsibility for their actions
- Choose from a range of coaching models to provide structure to a conversation
- Help someone find their own way forward rather than providing all the answers for them.
- Discover the power of coaching!
- Skills practice in a safe, supportive environment
- Action planning
Appraisal Interview Skills:
Appraisals and Performance Review meetings are an excellent opportunity to review, coach and motivate your team.
- Carry out appraisals that enhance your team’s performance
- Set goals and targets that are specific, measurable and have a time limit
- Give and listen to constructive feedback
- Use advanced questioning skills to help staff develop self-awareness
- Reframing techniques
- Set achievable and challenging goals
- Increase the sense of accountability staff have
- Review goals on a regular basis
- Coach staff to fulfil their potential
Full Course Fee per delegate £395 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.
|21 - 22 Nov|
|15 - 16 Mar|
|22 - 23 Nov|