This very popular and practical course explores three of the most important skills needed by today’s managers – great leadership, effective communication and the ability to motivate. The course will cover a range of practical skills, tips and techniques to enhance your skills and confidence as a manager. Action planning forms a central part of all our courses to ensure the training makes a difference back at work.
This course is ideal for anyone who leads a team, including manager, supervisor, team leader, as well as anyone who’s likely to move into this role in the future.
This course is one of our Management Development Courses and can be taken on its own or alongside the other courses in this programme:
- Building a High Performing Team
- Managing People and Performance
All of these courses can be also used to gain the Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
Click on the Full Course Description below for more information
Full Course description
Leadership and Management
- Identify the qualities and characteristics of effective leaders/managers
- Develop a flexible leadership style
- Use Action-centred leadership to balance the competing needs of ‘getting the job done’ ‘building your team so they work well together’ and ‘meeting the needs of the individual
- Understand the similarities and differences between ‘leadership’ and ‘management’
- Plan and prioritise to achieve results
- Identify the barriers to delegation? Do we think it’s easier / quicker to the job ourselves?
- Develop your delegation skills – do we ‘delegate to develop’ or ‘dump through despair’?
- Audit your own management and leadership skills
- Action planning
Increasing Engagement and Motivation in your Team:
- The link between high levels of engagement and high performance
- Identify tools to increase engagement
- Provide effective, performance-boosting feedback
- Identify and use individual motivators for the people in your team
- Set targets that motivate
- Identify the role of different leadership styles when motivating your team
- Identify and overcome barriers to communication
- Check that your communication is ‘understood’ not just ‘heard’
- Overcome common barriers to communication
- Ensure that your ‘intention’ is the same as your ‘behaviour’ when communicating
- Use the appropriate method of communication
- Identify your unconscious filters of information that can lead to assumptions
- Ask the right questions to get the information you need
- Positively use the power of body language, voice tone and words when communicating
- Use positive language
Full Course Fee per delegate £395 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.
|16 - 17 May|
|19 - 20 Sep|