This very popular and practical course explores three of the most important skills needed by today’s managers – great leadership, effective communication and the ability to motivate. The course will cover a range of practical skills, tips and techniques to enhance your skills and confidence as a manager. Action planning forms a central part of all our courses to ensure the training makes a difference back at work.
This course is ideal for anyone who leads a team, including manager, supervisor, team leader, as well as anyone who’s likely to move into this role in the future.
This course is one of our Management Development Courses and can be taken on its own or alongside the other courses in this programme:
All of these courses can be also used to gain the Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
Click on the Full Course Description below for more information
Full Course description
Do you lead a team? Would you like to develop your expertise and confidence? This module covers the techniques used by the most successful managers.
Leadership and Management
- Identify the qualities and characteristics of effective leaders/managers
- Bring out the best in people by developing a flexible leadership style
- Understand Action-centred leadership – managing the different needs of ‘completing the task’, ‘building your team so they work well together’ and ‘meeting the needs of the individual
- Understand the similarities and differences between ‘leadership’ and ‘management’
- Situational leadership
- Plan and prioritise
- Identify the barriers to delegation? Do we think it’s easier / quicker to the job ourselves?
- Develop your delegation skills – do we ‘delegate to develop’ or ‘dump through despair’?
- Audit your own management and leadership skills
- Action planning
- Identify and overcome barriers to communication
- Check that your communication is understood not just heard
- Different ways of communicating and the pros and cons of each
- Identify your unconscious filters of information that can lead to assumptions
- Ask the right questions to get the information you need
- Recognise the importance of your ‘behaviour’ when communicating and how this can be different to your ‘intention’
- Identify the role of body language, voice tone and words when communicating
- Use positive language
Motivate your Team:
- Use popular motivation models to motivate your team
- Identify and use individual motivators for the people in your team
- Set targets that motivate
- Develop techniques to improve how you give feedback as a means of developing the people in your team
- Identify the role of different leadership styles when motivating your team
- Gain more tools for your motivation tool kit
Full Course Fee per delegate £395 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.
|11 - 12 Jan|
|17 - 18 May|
|20 - 21 Sep|