This course covers three essential areas of Managing Performance, Managing Change and Building an Effective Team.
Managing performance is about ensuring your team achieve the goals of the business. When people don’t perform it can be hard to know what to do. Many of us would rather avoid the conversations about performance / poor attitude/ behaviour etc. The ‘head in the sand’ approach is very popular! We hope the problem will disappear. In reality things often get worse. This course shows you what you need to do to manage performance effectively.
In today’s challenging environment the ability to manage change is essential. Staff can find this process uncomfortable and stressful and this can stretch many managers. We cover the main skills needed to manage change effectively.
Building a team is the final module. Here you will explore what a high performing team looks like and how you can achieve that.
This course is one of our Management Development Courses and can be taken on its own or alongside the other courses in this programme:
- Developing Yourself and Others
- Leadership and Management Essentials
- Strategic Planning & Business Awareness
All of these courses can be also used to gain the Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
Click on the Full Course Description below for more information
Full Course description
- Set tasks and objectives that are specific, measurable and time-limited
- Gather evidence on people’s performance and behaviour
- Give effective feedback, using a selection of models
- Identify a range of ‘poor attitudes’ and manage them effectively
- Use the performance management process
- Use your company’s disciplinary process
- Prepare for a tricky performance-related conversation at work
- Manage performance-related conversations with more confidence
- Practical skills practice in a supportive environment
It’s not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” Charles Darwin.
- Plan for successful change within your team / business
- Identify the drivers for change in your organisation using PESTLE and SWOT analysis
- Identify barriers that people have to change
- Recognise the different responses and securities that people have to change
- Support staff during the time of change
- Create the conditions for successful change
- Sell change to your team
- Look at the issues and complexities involved in change management
- Communicate successfully with all levels of staff throughout the change process
- Move through change with your team on board
- Avoid common pitfalls when managing change
- Develop as a confident manager of change
Build an Effective Team
- Work with your team’s strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a high performing team
- Five communication styles used in teams
- Deal with tricky team dynamics
- Identify your own trigger points and how to manage these
- Manage transition in teams
- Action planning
Full Course Fee per delegate £395 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.
|08 - 09 Feb|
|14 - 15 Jun|
|10 - 11 Oct|