Essential skills for work-based trainers including structuring the session, understanding learning styles, managing a group and maintaining interest and enthusiasm.
Who is the course suitable for?
All those who want to develop and deliver effective training at work. It is ideal for work-based trainers and all involved in any type of staff training.
Full Course description
On this course you will learn to:
Plan and structure training sessions:
- Write learning aims and learning outcomes
- Select appropriate training methods
- Design interesting and effective activities
- Keep the participants interested and learning
- Use appropriate training resources
- Use visual aids
- Ask appropriate questions throughout the training process
- Develop confident presentation skills
- Use your voice effectively
- Use your posture, body language and voice tone to enhance your training
- Appear confident even when you don’t feel it
Manage the individuals you train groups or individuals:
- Identify different learning styles and how to use each one
- Use a range of accelerated learning techniques to make learning fun!
- Manage the dynamics within a training group
Practice these skills:
- Design and deliver a session in a relaxed, safe and supportive environment with personalised feedback
- Evaluate your own training using video recording of your session to strengthen your skills
It is recommended that delegates give themselves at least 1½ hours on the evening of Day 1 to prepare for this training session on Day 2. Delegates are welcome to bring their own laptop and pen drive to support this session.
How long does the course last?
This is a practical two day course.
Is the course accredited?
This is optional. All our courses can be used to achieve the Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM
Full Course Fee per delegate £395 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.
|01 - 02 Feb|
|10 - 11 May|
|27 - 28 Sep|