Essential skills for work-based trainers including structuring the session, understanding learning styles, managing a group and maintaining interest and enthusiasm.
Who is the course suitable for?
All those who want to develop and deliver effective training at work. It is ideal for work-based trainers and all involved in any type of staff training.
Full Course description
On this course you will learn to:
Plan and structure training sessions:
- Write learning aims and learning outcomes
- Select appropriate training methods
- Design interesting and effective activities
- Keep the participants interested and learning
- Use appropriate training resources
- Use visual aids
- Ask appropriate questions throughout the training process
- Develop confident presentation skills
- Use your voice effectively
- Use your posture, body language and voice tone to enhance your training
- Appear confident even when you don’t feel it
Manage the individuals you train groups or individuals:
- Identify different learning styles and how to use each one
- Use a range of accelerated learning techniques to make learning fun!
- Manage the dynamics within a training group
Practice these skills:
- Design and deliver a session in a relaxed, safe and supportive environment with personalised feedback
- Evaluate your own training using video recording of your session to strengthen your skills
It is recommended that delegates allow themselves at least 1½ hours on the evening of Day 1 to prepare to deliver a 15-minute training session on Day 2. This will involve planning a session that incorporates the techniques covered during Day 1. Delegates are welcome to bring their own laptop and pen drive to support this session, plus any work-related training resources.
Is the course accredited?
This is optional. All our courses can be used to achieve the Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM
Full Course Fee per delegate £395 + VAT
Full CourseHighlight Available Dates
To secure a date and purchase this course or unit, please select a date by clicking on a highlighted date block below. Then click the "Make Purchase" button that will appear once a date is selected.
|09 - 10 May|
|06 - 07 Aug|
|17 - 18 Oct|