Introduction to Project Management
Effective project management is vital to business success. All those leading projects need the skills to manage both the process and the people involved in the project. A well management project provides structure, manages risk, ensures clear communication, manages resources and sets and achieves clearly defined goals. This course focusses on both the processes and the people-side of project management, with equal time given to both of these aspects.
Who is this course for?
This practical one-day course is ideal for all who lead projects. Many other courses focus on the process-side of project management so this course is particularly useful for those who’d also like to improve how they handle and manage people in their projects.
What does the course cover?
Introduction to project management
- The principles of project management
- Project management cycle
- Project constraints – the SQERT model
- Defining the scope and goals of a project
Project planning tools
- Risk management during a project
- Scheduling time realistically – Gantt Charts, Work Breakdown Structures
- Project management software – sharing experiences and tips
Building the Project Team
- Clarifying roles within a project team
- The RACI model
- Communication and stakeholder management during a project
Achieving the goals and evaluating a project
- Monitoring progress
- How to keep the project on track – the control mechanisms
- What to do when things are not going to plan
- Project evaluation
Managing people during projects
- Influencing skills during projects
- Managing change and how it impacts on people
- Managing conflict during a project
- Handling challenging conversations during projects
How long does the course last?
What is the training like?
Training is very interactive with a range of activities, case studies, practical tasks and discussion, all designed to apply what is being learned to the workplace. Action planning is an essential part to ensure the training makes a difference back at work.
How much does the course cost?
The cost is £240 / day.
- 27 March
- 19 Oct