WATA are participating in the Engineering in Motion experience (F1 in schools) and giving 16 – 24 year olds an exciting opportunity to do a Traineeship with a difference. We want to give you the opportunity to be an Engineer of the future…
What will I be doing?
You will get a chance to take part in the F1 in Schools Technology Challenge which gives you an educational experience around Formula 1. You will work in a team to design, analyse, manufacture, test, and then race miniature compressed air powered polyurethane based F1 cars.
What will I learn?
You will learn about physics, aerodynamics, design, manufacture, branding, graphics, sponsorship, marketing, leadership/teamwork, media skills and financial strategy, and apply them in a practical, imaginative, competitive and exciting way.
All these skills will give you the confidence and experience to progress your future career. A great advantage of a Traineeship is the opportunity to do work experience without going through a formal recruitment process
What qualification will I get?
You will work towards the EAL Level 1 Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Introduction to Working in Engineering
- Introduction to Machining Engineering Materials
- Introduction to Cutting, Forming and Assembling Engineering Materials
- Introduction to Joining Engineering Materials
- Introduction to Basic Maths and Science used in Engineering
- Introduction to Computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
- Introduction to Computer Aided Machining (CAM)
- Introduction to Engineering project planning
Where will I train?
Training is delivered at our Skills Centre in Hartford, Huntingdon. Your work experience placement will be with a local engineering employer.
How is the course?
The course is 8 weeks long
How do I apply?
Contact our team to secure your place and take those first steps to an exciting future!
Taster Day – 8th of July
Start Date – 11th of July
Call 01480 435544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply